Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easy Banana Cupcakes


I'd like to introduce you to one of the simplest and tastiest cupcakes I have ever made! I will admit I did cheat a little bit with this recipe and started with a box mix (everything can't be from scratch these days with an 11 month old on the go), but throw in some bananas, sour cream and vanilla and you can't even tell this cakes not from scratch! I was inspired to do banana cupcakes for two reasons...I was cleaning out/organizing my bazillion cupcake liners and discovered these adorable yellow and green polka dot ones and immediately thought..bananas, and since Sam is a banana lover these days, well we've always got a bunch laying around that get pretty ripe before we can eat them all up!


I'm sharing all the details and recipe for these super easy Banana and Cream Cheese Cupcakes over on Half Baked-The Cake Blog! So head on over and check them out! And while you are there you have got to see Carrie's amazingly beautiful Speckled Egg Cake. It is absolutely the most perfect spring or Easter cake to create for your family this year! She shares step-by-step instructions and photos on how using a bit of cocoa powder can turn your robin's egg blue cake into a speckled masterpiece in no time! It really looks like a fun technique and one I'm excited to try! So I hope you will give these banana cupcakes and Speckled Egg Cake a try!

Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe. Sour cream makes all the difference!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! Sounds delish. Loved the way you photographed them with the sprinkles. Very cute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails