Sunday, March 4, 2012

Thomas the Train Birthday Cake


Here's a cake I made back in January for one of my favorite birthday boys...Joshua, who turned 4! This is the 3rd year in a row I've made his birthday cake! Let's just say he's giving me some good practice on boy-themed cakes since our little boy will be arriving in about 18 days and then for years to come I'll get to make his birthday cakes too!

Apparently Thomas the Train is the new trend with little ones these days, and I'm sure I will come to find this out very soon as well! I picked up a few Thomas the Train toys at the store to add to the top of the cake and then thought it would be cute to make some train tracks all around the edge.

The birthday boy was super excited when he came to pick up his cake!

He was wearing his Thomas the Train shirt in preparation for his party...how cute is that! Of course I had to get him a few toys to go with the party theme as well.

He loved his new Thomas the Train puzzle and book! Isn't that the best face ever! Love that little smile!

Happy Birthday Joshua! Sorry I'm just now getting your cake posted to the blog...I know you've been anxiously awaiting for it to go up!

I also made him some tractor cookies to share with his friends at school for his birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is super cute! I love the way you chose to do this.
    It's not overly extravagant- perfect!
    xoxo
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! You did a great job on the cake! The cookies are equally awesome... where did you get that cookie cutter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake was perfect!!! Thanks again Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails