Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brown & Blue

Brown, Blue & Polka Dots seem to be popping up all over the place these days! I absolutely love polka dots, so I was so excited when I found out this was going to be the design theme for a recent baby shower cake I made.

It was a 3-layer Oreo cake with chocolate buttercream. YUM!

The requirements were brown icing with light blue polka dots. Simple enough. I decided to stick with only one size for the polka dots to make a more uniform looking cake.

With a "T" on top for the baby's name "Tristan"...such a cute name.

The polka dots and "T" were made out of rolled fondant.

I used a Wilton #5 round piping tip to make a bead border around the bottom edge.

This cake would also be cute using brown & pink for a little girl, or even yellow for a gender neutral party.

On a side note, my cousin just found out today she is having a girl! This will be her first child and I'm already trying to think of cute desserts that would be perfect for her baby shower! The baby is due on Christmas Eve, how special is that! You can guarantee I'm going to start researching now for some adorable baby shower themes and dessert table ideas. I'll be sure to keep you updated on all the details and show pictures of whatever sweet treats I make for her special day!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your cousin, and well done on making such a beautiful cake! Perfect for the theme, and great use of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake it's really ciute and, congrats for the baby of your cousin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails