Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"B" is for...baby, boy & Barrett

It's been a super exciting week! On Sunday, May 30th at 4:45PM my friend McKensy gave birth to her first child, a little boy named Barrett! How cute is that name!! Let's just say he made a late arrival. McKensy's original due date was May 20th, but this little guy must have been happy in her belly b/c she had to be induced 10 days later! This would have driven me absolutely crazy to have to keep waiting and waiting. Nine months is long enough...but 10 more days!


Barrett was 7.9 oz and 20.5 inches long. I can't wait to meet this little one! Unfortunately I'm not sure when that will be since they live in Charlotte and I'm in Mobile! Luckily with the wonders of computers these days I have already gotten several email updates and loads of pictures sent my way to see the litte guy! He is adorable and even has a onesie with his name on it...precious!

To celebrate in the festivities of baby Barrett, I made some monogrammed "B" sugar cookies for McKensy's shower back in March. I wasn't able to attend the shower so I packaged them up and shipped them to KY to McKensy's mom as a surprise for her! Let's just say they arrived just in the nick of time. I asked for priority delivery on a Thursday since the shower was on a Saturday afternoon, just to be on the safe side. Well let's just say McKensy's mom and I were emailing each other back and forth for two days straight trying to figure out where the cookies were. Thank goodness they arrived moments before they headed off to the shower!

Congratulations McKensy & Jeremy! I can't wait to meet little Barrett!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to her these cookies are gorgeous! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I had missed this post! Thanks so much - the cookies were fantastic and Baby Barrett is doing well! Lots of love! Love, McKensy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails