Saturday, December 5, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Day 5: Brownie Pops


Happy Dec 5th! If you like brownies and chocolate you are in for a treat! Here are some chocolate dipped brownie pops I made for the North Pole Stroll in downtown Mobile last night. All of the kids absolutely loved these, the gingerbread men were the favorites, followed by the Christmas trees. I have made brownie pops on several other occasions but it has been for only baby and wedding showers. In the past I have only done round balls of brownies dipped in chocolate with sprinkles. But with it being Christmas time I wanted to get a little more creative with the pops and make them into traditional holiday goodies such as gingerbread men and trees.


I found a set of mini cookie cutters at Michaels that I thought would be perfect to create my holiday themed brownie pops. The first step is to bake a pan of brownies. Once they have cooled, use your cookie cutters and cut out whatever brownie shapes you want. With all of the left over brownie scraps in the pan I rolled them into balls so that I could create more pops and none of the brownies went to waste.


Once all the brownie shapes were cut out I placed them on a cookie sheet and popped them into the freezer for a few hours to harden so they would be easier to dip in chocolate and not fall apart.


After the brownies had chilled for a few hours, I placed the lollipop stick in them and dipped them in melted chocolate Candy Melts. I used green melts for the trees, chocolate melts for the gingerbread men and white chocolate for the round pops. Before the chocolate hardened I added multi-colored non pareils and crushed up candy canes to the pops.


For the gingerbread men I did let the chocolate harden first before I added their embellishments. I piped on some green icing for the eyes and buttons and then placed sprinkles on top of the icing for their final touch.


In order to allow the pops to harden I placed them in pieces of styrofoam so that they would stand up right and not touch one another.


Once the chocolate hardened I put them in small plastic bags and tied them off with a piece of ribbon.


To display the brownie pops I placed them in recycled canned goods and tied a festive ribbon around the can. This is a very simple, cute and easy way to display the pops and makes for a great homemade centerpiece on your holiday table!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. You did a nice job on your cut outs. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails