Friday, December 4, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Day 4: Marshmallow Snowmen Cupcakes


Happy Dec 4th! It has been a few weeks since I have made cupcakes, so I was starting to have cupcake withdraw and wanted to whip up something festive and fun! I am going to keep this post short and sweet because I am soooo tired. I have been up since 6:00AM baking and decorating sweets on my vacation day so that I could be a vendor in the first annual North Pole Stroll in downtown Mobile tonight. I just walked in the door from a pretty successful night of selling holiday sweets! I had so much fun creating desserts to feature at this holiday event so stay tuned for another cute cute cute treat that I will post tomorrow!


How adorable are these marshmallow snowman cupcakes! I got some rave reviews for these little marshmallow men tonight! Just make a batch of cupcakes in your favorite flavor. Ice them with a white frosting to create the affect of a snow covered ground. Then stick a toothpick through 2 marshmallows and place in the cupcake. I cut a little slice off the top marshmallow so the head would be a little smaller than the body. Then I cut up some pieces of tootsie roll, flattened and shaped it into a round circle to create a hat, which is held on with a dab of icing. Using an edible marker I drew on the eyes and buttons and then placed an orange sprinkle in for the nose!


I put each cupcake in a clear plastic bag and tied with a twisty tie and put on a decorative box to display them! I am already booked for another holiday event on Dec 19 for the Christmas Parade in downtown Mobile....so I guarantee there are more marshmallow snowmen in the near future!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails